AVPH was founded in 1999 and has served as a local health planning and intervention agency, whose programs target
those who are underserved, vulnerable, frail, underinsured, or at risk of family breakdown or loss of independence.
AVPH initiated a community food hub with Antelope Valley College and Food Forward in 2019 where additional pounds
of fresh produce are delivered to the AV and shared with local food pantry partners. The AVPH Food Pantry welcomes all
Antelope Valley Residents that need food assistance. The pantry strives to provide fresh produce and healthy food
options, while providing meaningful experiences to all that volunteer. Hosted every 2 nd and 4 th Friday of the month with
exception of months November and December.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sorting through crates of produce to remove items not acceptable for distribution.
- Complete all required client registration and ticket collection.
- Clearly direct clients to parking area.
- Assist with banners, traffic signs/cones, and other items placed for the safety of staff and clients.
- Frontline runners are assigned to assist registration area with restocking produce bags and dry goods.
- Backline runners will assist in restocking produce bags and dry goods from the conference room to lobby area
for frontline runners.
- Assisting with giving out donations and any event flyers.
- Client interaction and communication.
- Preferably a 6-month commitment
- 8 hours (2 nd and 4 th Thursdays and Fridays of the month)
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- PPE provided
- Virtual volunteer orientation provided
- 6ft social distancing measures in place
- On feet for extended period
- Outgoing and willing to speak with clients