HOME VISITATION – HEALTHY FAMILIES AMERICA®
The AVPH Healthy Families America® (HFA) Home Visitation Program is a voluntary supportive service that enhances the lives of at-risk children and family’s living in the Antelope Valley. By supporting new parents prenatally as they prepare for the birth of their child, or those who have recently given birth, HFA home visiting services focus on a family’s experiences and healthy start with baby, while creating a secure foundation for parenthood.
Direct service home visitation support is guided by the needs of the family, their values, and culture.
As an Affiliate of the HFA evidence-based, national home visiting model, new parents will partner with their Family Support Specialist to learn about:
- Services are FREE
- Family’s may participate through their child’s 4th year of life.
- Prenatal and Postpartum education, lactation support, self-care, & baby care basics
- Family centered services which strive to build healthy, safe relationships
- Parent-Child activities which stimulate a child’s optimal growth and development
- Comprehensive service planning to include family goal setting and celebrating achievements
- Protective factors that enhance bonding and attachment, child health and safety; promote healthy family relationships, resiliency, and overall emotional and physical wellness
- Resources, referrals, and information to strengthen a family’s community connections and overall capacity to thrive
For more information on this program, or how you can voluntarily enroll Click Here to access our HFA Home Visitation Program flyers in Spanish & English.