Job Title: RN Homeless Case Manager
Position Reports To: RN Lead
Hours: Full-time, occasional evening and weekend work required
The Registered Nurse Homeless Case Manager maintains standards of professional nursing practice in the home care setting under the direction of the work site supervisor. They are responsible for assessing and providing care within the scope of their educational preparation and knowledge. The primary objective of the program is to work with individuals as well as families to maximize health, safety, and of participants.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a combination of skills, experience, and passion in the following areas:
- The ability to take initiative while remaining open to the ideas of others
- Skills in collaboration and teamwork
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Able to Multi Task
- Must be able to work in stressful situations while meeting tight deadlines
- Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Works closely with other case management team members and administrative staff to provide a continuum of services with homeless clients.
- Responsible for providing nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
- Verbalizes knowledge and purpose of patient rights and responsibilities.
- Collaborate and support plan of care as determined by the physician and healthcare team; treat patients accordingly as approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the patient as necessary and makes adjustments in the patient’s treatment program.
- Develops trust and rapport with clients and provides support using an empathetic and client centered approach.
- Adheres to all program guidelines, policies and protocols and actively works toward achieving the goals of the program.
- Conducts a head to toe examination of the client as per protocols and conduct all required client assessments utilizing the standardized tools stated in the protocols; ability to assess the client in the field and able to triage client and send them to the appropriate resources.
- Conducts psychological, psychosocial, cultural spiritual and cognitive status; nutrition; pain; patient/family education.
- Refers clients to necessary services is any complications or concerns are identified.
- Completes all needed paperwork for each client in a timely and organized manner, including clear and well written progress notes.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and meet time parameters
- Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, managers and other staff
- Ability to adhere to the normal standards of courtesy and conduct
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Identify, discuss and develop any policies or protocols in order to successfully implement and manage the program.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, bi-monthly group supervisions and weekly individual reflective supervisions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in nursing, Public Health Nurse Certification and Registered Nurse (RN) and with 5 years of experience in this field.
- Must maintain licensure as per program requirements.
- At least 1-year experience in Case Management.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with staff, community-based organizations, county facilities and residents
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated track record with respect to detail orientation and accuracy
- Must demonstrate excellent skills in Microsoft excel, word, outlook and the ability to learn new data programs
- Attention to detail and accurate.
- Ability to solve problems, find and correct errors.
- Maintain a valid California driver’s license.
- Must have an automobile and maintain auto insurance