Job Title: Finance Specialist
Position Reports to: Director of Operations/Finance
Hours: Non-Exempt, hourly, Full-time position with occasional evening and weekend work required
Hourly Rate: $22.00 per hour
Under the general direction of the Antelope Valley Partners for Health, Director of Operations, the Finance Specialist performs a wide range of complex accounting and financial functions and assists with other related assignments. Work involves preparing financial records, documents and reports. Specializes in accounts payable and accounts receivable, analysis of financial reports and ledger entries, invoicing and audit preparation. Manage Human Resources daily functions. This position must maintain the confidentiality and credibility of the office; exercise loyalty and discretion in judgment and demonstrate independence of thought and action.
- Audit payment, cash, purchase, travel and related purchase and check requests.
- Audit accounting and financial documents as assigned for accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures and with State and Federal statutes. Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Prepares monthly status analysis of funds and expenditures, and prepares technical reports on estimates, cost data and budget items.
- Classifies, codes, posts and balances assigned financial and accounting documents and records.
- Maintains adequate records of expenditures, funds, appropriations and expenses, as well as revenue collected and deposited.
- Analyzes and recommends improvements, adaptation, or revisions to the accounting system and accompanying procedures.
- Prepares outgoing monthly vendor invoices and ensures accuracy with funder submission timelines.
- Maintains and balances accounts receivable.
- Posts monthly payroll in general ledger.
- Assists in planning procedures and regulations to control the disbursement of allocated funds.
- Assists with posting accounts payables to general ledger.
- Assists with reconciliations of grant specific invoices.
- Analyzes monthly P&L reports for accuracy; ensures no duplicate entries and/or payments.
- Reconciles monthly P&L report with monthly vendor invoices and internal grant spreadsheets.
- Work with Conference Center Manager to obtain booking invoices, post bookings as accounts receivables and posts received revenue and ensure reconciliation of each booking.
- Assists with disbursement of petty cash in compliance with policy.
- Receives and reconciles petty cash returns per policy.
- Receives and reconciles daily cash deposits from Café.
- Maintain organization FTE payroll percentages spreadsheet by month.
- Assists with audit preparation and analysis.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; directing the processing of benefit claims.
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Compiling and update employee records.
Experience and Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in accounting, business or related field.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in accounting on an automated accounting system.
- 1 Year minimum Human Resources experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping concepts and procedures.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Good math skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to solve problems, find and correct errors.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team on complex, long-term, multiple projects.
- Maintain a valid CA driver’s license.
- Maintain current proof of auto insurance.
- Must pass a background check.
- Vaccine Record
- Primarily an office environment.
- Must be able to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach or stand for extended periods of time.
- Might occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work may be performed under stressful and emotional conditions.