The Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) is a training program enabling participants to deal with potentially violent situations in new and creative ways. Workshops are run by our trained facilitators and experiential (not based on lectures).
Our workshops use the shared experience of participants, interactive exercises, games and role-plays to examine the ways in which we respond to situations where injustice, prejudice, frustration and anger can lead to aggressive behavior and violence.
An AVP workshop can help you to:
- manage strong feelings such as anger and fear
- deal more effectively with risk and danger
- build good relationships with other people
- communicate well in difficult situations
- recognize the skills you already have and learn new ones
- be true to yourself while respecting other people
- understand why conflict happens
Also, information to become a volunteer facilitator is shared at each workshop.
Register by phone 661-942-3025 or Contact Diana or Doug Couch for more information. Click here.