Healthy People Initiative: In the spring of 2009 when new health indicators were released to the public, it was discovered that the Antelope Valley has the highest health disparities in Los Angeles for asthma, heart disease, lung cancer, smoking, suicide, depression and infant mortality. AVPH has taken the lead in this initiative which is a community wide outreach and education program to address these disparities. Some of our Healthy People Initiative events include Kids Cook-off and Healthy Day Celebration.
There are no upcoming events.
- Boogie Woogie Mamas Raise Funds for Clinic
- KIDS: How Does Their Garden Grow?
- Lancaster unveils 2011 UNITED project winners
- 4th Annual Warford 5k Walk for Wellness
- Huge Turnout or Day of Service
- AV lacking in Mental Health Services
- November AV Baby Babble Newsletter
- Family Planning Clinic in the Antelope Valley
- Project Get Fit Attracts Kids with “Exergaming”
- Conquering the Kitchen in AV Healthy Kids Cook-Off
- Asking For Help To Earn His Wings
- United We Mentor – Project Backpack
- AV Baby Babble – AVPH Newsletter
- Lancaster HEAL Zone Partnership
- Wellness Homes Community Service Projects